Friday 21 March 2014

Decorating Your Room With Taylor

Acquired a new Taylor poster that just has to go on the wall? Or multiple posters that came out of your favourite magazine? Or framed a special photo, CD single or autograph? Moved house and need to start decorating? Have a posters/photos to wall space ratio problem? 
Everyone has these issues and this is what I'm going to write about today after facing all of this at some point.

That moment when you invite your friends around to watch a movie cause you have your house to yourself with the parents away and they bring a poster book that has a massive A2 sized poster of Taylor inside that is just perfect and you have to find somewhere to hang it. I'm sure everyone has faced this or will have this issue at some point. An excellent example of this is The RED Tour poster that came in the tour book, I had it up within 2 days of going to The RED Tour and had to take down 2 other smaller posters just to get it on the wall.
Do you take all your posters down, put the big one up and then arrange the smaller ones around it? Or just take down the posters needed to fit your big one in? I personally think its going to be easier for you to take everything down and start again. Sometimes other posters don't look good next to other ones and then you just have to take them down anyway. 

I recommend with any poster bigger than A3 or double sided gets laminated. This stops the posters sagging and bending on the wall and you having to constantly fix them, while also prevents your method of sticking the poster to the wall from ruining the other side of the poster to the wall. Every poster/photo of mine that I have printed off myself or got from a poster book has been laminated. 

I met Taylor in Club RED and of course you have to display your photo with Taylor somewhere. A computer print out of your photo is just not going to cut it for your wall. You need the full professional print out and framing of the sacred photo. My parents agreed to buy me to nice black frames for Christmas so I could display some of my photos from the concerts in frames that are displayed in a 'T' shape. Along with my framed photo with Taylor, I framed the Club RED pass. Other things perfect for framing are the 8x10 photos off Taylor's online store or a numbered CD single.
You need somewhere to hang these frames and often involves taking down multiple posters or other photos to get them on the wall. Hanging the frames is well worth it though as it makes your room look very smart when its not just all posters covering the walls.

Moving house can be a good thing. In my case I have gained the biggest room in the house and now have more wall space than I know what to do with right now. I think the best idea for decorating and new room is to start with the posters you can't live without them being on your wall and go from there as to what space you have left and what would look best where.

Limited wall space allows you to constantly rotate posters around so every once in a while your room has a completely different look and feel to it. Even with the massive amount of wall space I now have, I am not going to fill the walls up completely with Taylor so I have no wall space left. There is a difference between displaying your love for Taylor with class and having so many posters up that it just looks messy. Everyone will have there own opinion on this and I think you don't need a huge amount of posters spread across your walls to show your true colours. 


No comments:

Post a Comment