Saturday 6 December 2014

Grammy Nominations 2015

Oh look at me, I'm doing well with 2 posts in one day. Anyway onto the actual post.


Today the 2015 Grammy Nominations were announced preceding the awards ceremony on Feb 8th 2015. Taylor has been nominated in 3 categories this year which are Record of the Year, Song of the Year and Best Pop Solo performance. All 3 nominations are for Shake It Off.

For the only song off 1989 which was eligible for a Grammy, Shake It Off has done very well. For Taylor to be nominated for Best Pop Solo Performance is not at all a surprise but for Taylor to have her first pop song gain 3 nominations she is more than happy with the announcement today.

At the 2014 Grammys, us the fans managed to get Taylor to perform All Too Well and now people are looking at how to get Taylor to repeat her performance by seeing what we want to hear.
To me this is all very well and good but for 2015, it seams highly unlikely. Shake It Off is nominated 3 times so my money goes on her performing the song.

In 2013 following the success of her 4th album RED, Taylor was given the coveted spot of the opening performance for the awards show. Could this be repeated in 2015? Its very possible, but do Grammy organisers do that sort of thing and give the same person the opening performance slot twice? I wouldn't know since I'm not involved in any way, I guess its just a waiting game to find out.

Taylor, All the best for the Grammys, I know you will walk away with at least one award but me and all other swifties hope and pray you take home all 3 to become a 10-time Grammy winner ok?

Maybe you want to invite me to the Grammys?

No comments:

Post a Comment